This week, I received a complimentary copy of Facebook Marketing: Designing Your Next Marketing Campaign by Justin R. Levy to read and review. This is an updated, 2010 version of Levy’s original Facebook Marketing, published by a division of Pearson Education.
Let me start by saying this is not a how-to book. You won’t find page after page of screenshots walking you through the specific steps you should take to create a Facebook page, Facebook group, or Facebook profile. Instead, this is very much a why book. It clearly and concisely explains why businesses should be using Facebook to market their products, services, and brands to the social web community on a site where consumers are already spending time.
Here is the chapter run-down:
- From Dorm Room to Boardroom: The Growth of Social Networks
- Getting Around Facebook: The Basics
- Establishing a Corporate Presence
- Extending Facebook into Interwebs: The Power and Reach of Facebook Connect
- Facebook Advertising: How and Why You Should be Using It
- Extending the Experience with Facebook Apps
- Addressing Privacy Concerns
- Developing a Facebook Marketing Strategy
- Using Facebook to Develop Communities
- Best in Class
- Shaking the Crystal Ball: What’s Next for Facebook
I would recommend this book for small business owners who need to learn why a Facebook presence is important and what it can do for them as well as for corporate executives who are out of touch with the popularity of Facebook and the opportunities their businesses miss if they’re not actively engaging with consumers on Facebook.
What is your favorite book about Facebook marketing? Leave a comment and share your opinion.